Thursday, October 4, 2012

The Protein Delusion

Ever since I became a vegetarian I noticed how many people talk about protein as if its only source is from killed animals. Some others will say, sure you can get protein on your diet, but you have to eat lots of beans and nuts! I really want to clear this up.
Protein exists in every living organism, and it's especially abundant in leafy greens. I will talk more about this later but I want to explain why eating dead protein is worse than not eating any protein at all. I'm going to give you a visual analogy.
Visualize a layer of complex liquids, that move and breathe and take action based on their innate understanding of how to self-heal. And then visualize taking a big chunk of rock, something with a completely different chemical make up than the liquid layer, and trying to mix it into the liquid, expecting it to magically morph into it. Even if you grind up the rock into the finest sand, it still will not be liquid. You could not drink this liquid, because it would be full of grit.
Now, in the same way, when you put dead protein in your body, it only sits on top of the muscles, never full integrating with them or building any muscle whatsoever. What you think is muscle building from all those meaty meals is really just you GETTING FAT and overexerting yourself.
Eat living protein. It's the only way to truly build muscle and real, raw strength.

-A

1 comment:

  1. This analogy makes perfect sense; now I understand it better, thank you. I want live protein in me....not dead protein ! This inspires me to have an organic beet and apple juice for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete