Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Let's be more Compassionate!

Lately I've been coming to accept a few truths that I've been contemplating for quite some time. There are so many ways of perceiving this world, and we have to remember that we cannot make simply agree to something we don't consciously choose for ourselves, for our lives, for our experience. It saddens me to say but I would lying if I said I never judged someone for eating a way that I would consider unhealthy, or projecting in a way that appears detrimental, or for having their own perceived limitations, but of course I have done all those things! And was probably doing two out of three in judging those actions. Who am I to be someone's judge?
I am sincerely intending to be conscious of this habit in myself, and to let go of all habits I perceive in others. I intend to be more compassionate, loving, and honest about how I feel and how I am seeing my own reflection in the lives of others. I also feel a bit peeved about the use of the word "raw foodist". I don't want to be an anything-ist! I want to be RAWMore than in the sense of eating. RAW in my truth, in seeing myself and accepting my wholeness (and brokenness!), openly and honestly.
 I don't eat 100 % raw foods, not all the time. Sometimes I like to make delicious cooked meals with loving intention, and when they are made this way, they too are filled with light and don't make me feel heavy like some random food cooked at a careless restaurant might. I don't want to restrict myself to any way of being that someone or myself deems as "right". There's an infinite amount of ways to live a healthy, abundantly joyous life! I do consider myself a vegan, simply because I see the way people take the flesh and mother's milk and ovulation from animal's bodies as disrespectful and outright disgusting. It is not merciful, it is not justice. It is savagery, and I will never change my views on this subject.

With so much love,
<3 A <3


1 comment:

  1. This was delightful to read, thank you. You seem very passionate about what you write, and I had never considered the notion of RAW in a sense of beyond what one is eating. Maybe it was not considered in my mind, because this is who and what I am too -with a high level of self-acceptance, although I do not skinny dip with strangers, even if someone asks nicely. :) Getting back to food, when I first heard David Wolfe speak in Canada, it was interesting, this hippie looking guy, talking about being a raw f...that term you feel a bit peeved about. Then I read Sunfood Diet Success System which made a lot of sense. Yes, thanks for acknowledging there are infinite ways to live a healthy abundantly joyous life. Everyone is different. But I feel 100% the same, in fact I just drove a friends friend back to town after delivering 2 presentations, and he recently became vegan, and we both shared how amazing it is, to think that people actually drink milk from another mammal. And that the thought of eating flesh simply feels totally wrong...not even in an ethical sense, but the mere thought of it simply feels....disgusting. Thanks too for the <3 <3 you sent everyone, which was felt.

    ReplyDelete