Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Persimmons are Delicious

At this moment I am presently experiencing my first ever truly ripe persimmon - mmmm! It is so delicious and squishy and creamy. The other day we bought a persimmon that was very hard and only a small part on the bottom was ripe, and it tasted so awful! The inside made my mouth feel very dry and left a disgusting after taste. Do not eat this fruits when they are unripe. You'll know they are perfectly ripe when they are so soft and squishy that if it was any other fruit you would think it had gone bad. But when you open these babies up the inside was orange and jelly-like. A truly raw pure dessert. For breakfast :p

On a side note, I also wanted to say that I'm very much cutting back on my cacao intake. I found out recently, or was reminded, that it contains some very harmful components including an acid that prevents the absorption of calcium and zinc. Ah :( But it's alright. I'm really let go of the whole chocolate thing.

Peace and Persimmons,
A <3

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, persimmons sounds so tasty....will make sure to buy it ripe, thank you ! Since watching the Woodstock video, my raw intake has been increasing dramatically & the outcome has been higher energy levels, and feeling fuller.

    On your side note, I have not had goji berries and cacao in quite some time...it is just as well if there is the acid in it you speak of. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to try a persimmon for breakfast, and wait for another to ripen. They are each from different countries and am looking forward to it ! Thank you to you and your sister for your blog, as mostly raw food days result in much higher energy...also feeling even better ! : )

    ReplyDelete